POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photorrealism (Portrait of a Girl) : Re: Photorrealism (Portrait of a Girl) Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photorrealism (Portrait of a Girl)
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 11 Nov 2008 16:50:00
Message: <web.4919fcd544dd31cd85de7b680@news.povray.org>
"B. Gimeno" <bgi### [at] lycoses> wrote:
> While surfing on the excellent forum for professionals CGSociety.org I came
> across this excellent image. (Note to sensitive and morally offended, this link
> contains an artistic nude).

Now, what kind of sick mind would be offended by an image of a pretty girl?

> http://oddity.cgsociety.org/gallery/655126/

The face somehow looks childlike in a way that looks mismatched to her body.
(But as a latent artist who's been unsuccessful with portraits, I still
struggle with how head and facial features convey age, sex, and other
characteristics.)

The hair and the skin texture are spectacular.  The anatomical forms and the
skin textures of the elbow and feet show a remarkable attention to detail, as
well as how her thigh is deformed by the way she sits on the chair.

And refreshingly, the model is shaped like a real woman and not like a Barbie
doll.